If you are a homeowner interested in upgrading spaces and specific rooms in your house, there are plenty of home improvement trends for 2015 that can be implemented to help with not only changing the entire atmosphere of an area, but it can also contribute to the property value of your home as well. Seeking out new home improvement trends can be done with books and magazines as well as by finding inspiration from home, online. Getting creative with rooms in your home will allow you to create a space that is all your own while also helping to make your home appear larger, less cluttered and more vibrant overall.
Before you can begin to improve on your own home, it is important to set a budget and to determine the rooms you are planning to work in and the end results you desire. The more planning you set in place, the easier it will be to stick within your spending limits will still achieving any type of changes you want to make in various rooms around the house.
Colors of 2015
Trending colors that are experts say will be “in” for the year 2015 include bright blues and Emerald or springtime greens.
- Bright hues mixed with natural furniture and surroundings helps to create a vibrant atmosphere while also allowing for minimal decor if you prefer a minimalistic style.
- Bright blue furniture including dressers and end tables are also in for 2015 and help to bring color and life to any room in your home.
- Poppy, bright red is another color predicted to be in during the spring of 2015 with its invigorating hue and the ability to become the focal point in any space you are remodeling.
Going Green Around the Home
Going green around the home and becoming more energy-efficient is a trend that is steadily growing, even into the year 2015. Upgrading kitchen appliances is a major home improvement trend with the new releases of Eco-friendly refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, dishwashers and additional appliances that are used often and regularly. By upgrading your appliances throughout your kitchen, you are able to drastically reduce the amount of energy you are utilizing each day, ultimately saving you on your electric and gas bills each month and annually altogether.
You can also help to save on energy costs by caulking and filling in any cracks near doors, windows and entryways to reduce summertime and winter drafts which can cause a spike in the energy use of your current air conditioning and heating systems.
When you want to add color and design to a room in your home but you are unsure of how to do so without painting using stencils and traditional methods, you can search for wall sticks or wall decals.
- Wall decals are available by shopping at local home decor stores as well as by ordering the type of decals you want right from home, online.
- Wall decals are available as ornate designs, letters and numbers, animals and icons and even nature-related materials including trees, vines and grass.
- Using wall decals in any area of the home is ideal on a freshly-painted wall.
- Some wall decals available are able to re-stick elsewhere and are easy to remove without harming the paint you have in the room prior to decorating with the decals.
Open Floor Plans
Creating more space in your home and designing an open floor plan is a trend that is catching on all around the world.
- Using an open floor plan is a way to rid the clutter in your home while making any area appear much bigger and spacious to live in whether you are on your own or inviting guests over to entertain.
- Remove clutter and decor from walls and shelves that may be overfilled to help with increasing the amount of room you have in any given space.
When you create an open floor plan throughout your home, your kitchen, dining room and family rooms may all be connected and more accessible to increase the amount of space you have while giving the home a more flowing appearance.
Customizing Your Design Plans
When you are a homeowner, you are not limited to the type of design and construction that can be implemented in your home, giving you the freedom to be as creative as possible to fit your household’s needs.
- If you are a family that enjoys cooking, consider installing new drawers and cupboards to store the appliances and cooking gear you use regularly while ridding the clutter from the area simultaneously.
- You can install your own message center or office in your home to fit your family’s needs depending on whether you are working from home, running a business or simply want to add an area where you can focus and concentrate away from the traditional family rooms.
Getting innovative and creative is a trend in 2015 as it will help you to cut down on costs while creating a home that is truly unique and yours.
Using Natural Materials
Although minimalism is a current trend for homeowners, using natural furniture and materials is also growing in popularity for any type of space or area you are redecorating.
- Use real wooden stools, counter tops, coffee tables and nightstands against bright colors for a modern approach to your kitchen, bedroom or living room.
- You can also implement light or teak wood with brighter, softer colors for a “seaside” theme depending on the look you have in mind.
Another way to upgrade your home to become more modern while also increasing its value is to remodel your bathrooms.
- Adding a walk-in shower can help to save on space from traditional bathtubs and they are virtually age-proof, allowing easy access to showering for those who may otherwise have difficulty entering a traditional tub.
- Walk-in showers save on space and are often desired with newer homes and designs.
Simple Yards and Gardens
To save on the cost of water usage around the home, eliminate extravagant gardens and yards from your property and instead, opt for native plants that require little to no maintenance to keep them alive. Having a simple yard and garden will also give you more space and time because you will not be required to maintain the property as often as if you did have an extreme garden.
However, if you do want to save on the costs of food from traditional grocery stores, growing your own fruits, vegetables and herbs can help you to cut down on how much you are spending on your entire family with groceries.